Sunday, July 6, 2008

One Last S-T-R-E-T-C-H

Yesterday was my last STRETCH workout before the Olympic Distance Triathlon next Sunday:
  • Swam: 550m front crawl, 440m kicking (with buoy), 440m pulling (with buoy), 550m front crawl - total distance swam 1980m
  • Biked: 67km
  • Ran: 7.5km
Think I am ready? Somewhere between now and next Sunday is when I start asking myself questions like: Can I really do this? What was I thinking when I signed up? Wouldn't it be really embarassing if I got fished out of the sea during the swim? I wonder how many people in mountain bikes are gonna pass me in my carbon tricked-out speed machine? I just gotta take my own medicine and remember to commit my works to the LORD. HE will see me thru, AMEN!

4 comments:

Cliff said...

Kewl,

May you able to glorify His name on the race :o)

Comm's said...

Sometimes its good to be underprepared and freaked out rather than confident and full of ego.

I think a fine finish is, well a vertical finish with a smile on your face.

Unknown said...

Consider James 1:2-4 and how it relates to your training and this oly:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks Guys & Gal, I needed that.