Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rest and Repair

I guess it's time for rest and repair these 2 weeks before I re-start training again.

The same goes for my gear. First up new running shoes - these just arrived at the store and I got myself a pair. The sales guy told me I have the second pair to be sold in Singapore (someone else bought the 1st pair in the morning). Have not gone for a test run yet, but with so much techno mumbo jumbo, it's gotta be good! (The 30% discount I got for my TAS membership also helped.) :-D

Secondly, I managed to nick my rear tyre side wall somehow. Noticed a "bulge" which upon closer inspection revealed the fibres of the side wall construction (see below). Guess I better get a new rear tyre. I must say that I have not been impressed with the wet weather peformance of the Continental GP4000, so I think I may try another tyre.

Just realised that my spare inner tube work not work with my new wheels without a valve extender, so I think I will save myself the hassle and get a spare inner tube with a longer valve stem. Good thing I have a buddy who just got his first road bike, so the my current spare inner tube is not wasted. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck resting and repairing. Sometimes the body - not to mention the equipment - needs a little time.

Unknown said...

Rest is important. Enjoy it while you have the downtime. And get those tires replaced!

J~Mom said...

I need to get new tires as well. Sounds like you have a good handle on all of it!