Thursday, July 17, 2008

Doom & Gloom Friday

On the way to work, the calendar in my phone reminded me that in 586 B.C. today, Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians. (Yes, I have a calendar entry for that.)

Then when I got to the office, the TV in the pantry said that Saunier Duval-Scott withdrew from the Tour de France thanks to Riccardo Ricco's cheating antics. My Finnish colleague (who cycles) said "Are these cyclists stupid or what?". I quite agree. The saddest part is that the general public does not even react to news about doping in cycling anymore. Perhaps the only good thing in all this is that Cadel Evans (Australian rider for the Silence-Lotto team) is in the overall lead by one second over Frank Schleck of CSC Saxo Bank. Which means there's a good chance that either the Austalian underdog will win this, or a Cervélo - Canadian triathlon bike builder- (also an underdog amongst the big road bike brands) will. I like it when underdogs win, so maybe I will keep following the news. :-)

No comments: