Sunday, July 20, 2008

10min Video on How to Fix a Flat

Got a special deal on this tyre (Panaracer Stradius Elite Z 700X20C) at my LBS simply because it was the last one they have left. So I have done the radical - run 20C tyres at the front and 23C tyres at the rear. It works for rear wheel drive sports cars, so I guess it will work for my bike too. =)

Since I have to switch my current front tyre to the rear, and install this new tyre on the front, I offered to show a friend how to change a flat. Unfortunately, he got busy during the weekend and I fly off to India on Monday, so this video is for you, Philip. :-) What I forgot to say on the video is that if you've got a flat while out riding, it is IMPORTANT to thoroughly check the tyre after it is removed. Feel the entire length on the inside of the tyre and remove foreign objects if any. And of course, if the tyre is damaged, get your LBS to check if it needs to be replaced.

5 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Thanks for the video -my front one went flat. Huge help!!!

Michelle said...

Hi dude just wanna let you know i love the scripture you have at the top of your blog!! Very inspiring and oh so true!!!

Kewl Nitrox said...

ben893Waddler, you have got to be kidding me. Incredible timing. :D

Michelle j, thanks and Amen!

Unknown said...

Gd to know that you changed the tyre!!!

k

Unknown said...

BTW i am also running 20 on the front and 23 at the rear... is that supposed to be wrong?

k