Monday, June 16, 2008

God-Who-Forgives

According to my mailbox, I am 146 days into my http://www.bibleinayear.org/ reading plan, and a whopping 43 days behind schedule!

Just came across this verse that speaks so much about our God's nature:
"... You were to them God-Who-Forgives,
Though You took vengeance on their deeds." Psalm 99:8

Truly He forgives the sinner yet punishes the sin. Praise God!

I am less than a month away from my 1st Olympic Distance Triathlon (again), and it is not looking good. Training has come to pretty much a stand-still in the last few weeks due to business travels, vacation in Malaysia and I have gone from sore throat to snortin' out green stuff in the morning. Maybe I will call it an extended taper. ;-)

5 comments:

Cliff said...

Kewl,

I am in a similair boat as you :).

Except I am doing a Half ironman in two weeks and i havent' gone any long rides.

I hope you can catch up on the Bible reading. I am reading Psalms (1-2 chap a day) and starting to read Isiah. Heading into the prophets and after that I will be going ot the NT.

tryathlete said...

You need to run in the plane aisle.

tryathlete said...

And "bo chup" the looks you will get.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Me too on the Bible.

The pastor pointed out Sunday that if you read 21 chapters a day, you can read the OT in a month and the NT in a week.

I read at least that much of a NOVEL in a day, or of someone's account of hiking the Appalachian Trail.

Priorities, priorities....

And my Half Ironman training is kaput now, too. Injured.

Unknown said...

It's okay if you're behind. Just don't give up on reading!!!

Same with training for the oly. Just don't give up.