Sunday, August 17, 2008

Seeing RED...

Bought this Japanese made Pearl Izumi Tri suit for the bargain basement price of SGD$99 (USD$70, 60% off retail price)! Ok, so it is an older model and probably not the best looking suit, but the quality is excellent and the chamois is just about perfect for me - I don't much like those towel thin "terry cloth" type of Tri suit padding so common nowadays.

I was actually checking out another Pearl Izumi suit marked down 40% to SGD$156 (USD$111), which has black/white/grey, and a much better match to my bike. Just before paying, I saw the one above on a rack, which is an even older model with the "unfashionable" red side panels. I had to smile to myself, because less than 2 months ago, I ended up buying a more expensive grey helmet instead of just using the replacement red helmet, just because of vanity - I wanted it to match my bike. This despite my buddy and Mrs Nitrox both preferring the red helmet, and despite the still small voice in my head telling me to stop being so vain. Oh well, another lesson in life, I guess.


On the training front, after a break of more than a month, I am finally easing back into training. Easing being the primary word here. Been a busy stretch at work, been travelling 3 of the last 4 weeks and will be travelling again next week, this time to Sydney & Melbourne.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't want to be too matchy-matchy with the bike. Gotta let the bike stand out on its own. ;p

CR said...

Don't you just love spandex? I feel the need to match my bike too! Australia, I'm jealous!!

J~Mom said...

I love getting new tri gear! The suit looks great! How is the Bible reading going?

tryathlete said...

Wah piang! Not more travelling!

Steve Stenzel said...

Enjoy the training! AND your time in Australia!!

Unknown said...

Easing back in is good with all that traveling. I am glad my job does not require travel.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the new gear and the easing back in to your training. I know what you mean about easing. Sometimes that's how it has to go. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Oooh. I just love shopping!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Where are you??? Is Aug. 17 really your most recent update? Are you OK? (I like the trisuit...)

TRI Vortex said...

Jeez, not to get too much into things but whats with all the traveling. how about incorporating it into your training. Ride your bike to your destination. You might have to leave a week early or kayak, but you're in training remember. Don't be a slacker. lol