Friday, June 20, 2008

Intimacy

I am now 153 days into into my http://www.bibleinayear.org/ reading plan, and a 40 days behind schedule, so I have caught up a little.


Today I my readings bring me to the Song of Songs, and it feels like things have come full circle. Back in Dec 2006, at our bi-annual church camp, this was where the speaker pointed me to. He told to look into the Song of Songs to find intimacy with God. He also said that when I have intimacy with God, others will see the presence of God in my life. I must confess that I don't think I have reached a deeper level of intimacy with God. I try to read His Word regularly, and I try to pray regularly, but I don't think I have grown significantly more intimate with God. I still feel as though I am too pre-occupied with this world - my job, family, training, etc... Please continue to pray for a break though for me in this area.


Talking about training, I am getting anxious. I am finally getting better (sore throat is gone and I have stopped snortin'/hackin' out greenish stuff), but I have lost 4 weeks of training to business travels, vacation/church camp and this virus attack. The OSIM Triathlon (my 1st Oly Tri ever - last year's race got rained out) is 4 weeks away, which means I have the next 3 weeks to pile on the training before tapering on the 4th week. I don't even know what I should be doing anymore - will the training I put in these 3 weeks even make any difference to my race form on Jul 13th, or is it just a mental/confidence exercise? I really do not want to pull out from the race, so I will probably just take it easy and if I can't finish it, tough.


The positive side of not being to train is more time with the family, which is always a welcome thing. This week is the last week of June school holidays so it was good to be able to spend some time at the beach...


3 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

I relate so much to your frustration at establishing (or re-establishing) intimacy with God.

I'm working on keeping my mind stayed on Him.... whenever I find it wandering, bring it back. Hoping it will be true that it brings perfect peace.

Unknown said...

Interesting title. I'm doing a Bible study right now that is called "Live Intimately-Lessons from the Upper Room" and we're learning to Live Intimately with Christ through the words he used to prepare the 12 for his departure.

I'm no expert, but I'd use the next few weeks building (safely) toward volume that you believe will help you finish the race. No time goals, don't worry about being fast, just make sure you can stay out there for the duration and beat any cutoffs.

Best wishes.

Comm's said...

SoS is a great little chapter.