Friday, January 25, 2008

One Door Closed But Another Door Opened...

Remember how I was kicking myself for missing the Singapore Biathlon? Well, sometimes when one door is closed, God opens up another - the NUS Biathlon. Praise God! He is such a kewl God. Best part is that it is pretty much the same course (just about all the biathlons/triathlons in Singapore are held at the same venue), and the same distance - 1.5km swim, 10km run.

This biathlon is organised by the National University of Singapore, which means I will be racing with young and lithe (read: fast) men/women, but I am thrilled just to be able to do a biathlon as a build-up to the International (Olympic) Distance triathlon in June. Someone's gotta come last anyway! I have not swam 1.5km in the open sea under race conditions before, so this will be a good experience to have before going to the Triathlon.

I will have to take a swim test tomorrow (30 X 50m in 40mins), and though I am reasonably comfortable of passing, you'll never know with these things, so your prayer support is much appreciated. :-)

Oh, and that's one of R1's painting from art class by the way. Pretty good huh? :-)

4 comments:

J~Mom said...

That is fantastic news!!

Unknown said...

Great to hear the God opened another door for you. No surprise really. Also, that is a wonderful painting. Full of life!

Unknown said...

I think they call those aquathons here, and I would LOVE that event. Totally completely love it. But I haven't seen a local one ANYWHERE! grrrrr

CR said...

Totally cool painting! Great news on the door opening!