Saturday, May 31, 2008

My 1st Olympic Distance Triathlon (Again)

I'm off to church camp for a week, and when I am back, I will be a month away from my 1st Olympic Distance Triathlon (again) - got rained out last year. I'm not quite as prepared as I would like to be (and learning that I will probably never be quite as prepared as I would like to be), so I will aim to complete and not compete in my 1st O. D. Tri.

Given that training opportunities at church camp will be limited, I am pretty much counting on current fitness levels to pull me thru. I am now running 17km long slow runs (in 2 hours), 2.2km pool swims (in a little less than 55 mins), and 60km bike rides (followed by 5km transition run). Let's hope that enough. :-)

7 comments:

Cliff said...

Kewl,

WOah, you can do all that during a church camp. Have a good time with your church and God.

If you are running 17 km for long runs, you are very ready for the Olmypic tri

J~Mom said...

Have fun at camp and I can't wait to hear about how the race goes!

Ellie Hamilton said...

You're gonna do it and you're gonna do it good!!

Church camp gives opportunities for things other than tri training...

tryathlete said...

Do they always hold it at ECP?

Papa Louie said...

Blessings to you during your time at camp.

Unknown said...

You can finish your Oly. That's the goal, right?

And don't forget to enjoy church camp for the reason you're there. :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun at camp! I loved church camp as a kid - what great memories.

Good luck on your tri when you return. Can't wait to hear how it goes.